Creating the Atmosphere of Warmth and Welcome
So, I've cleaned, cooked, decorated, washed the dog, but.....there is still another component we need to focus on.
Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for your Thanksgiving guests. Try these tips:
- Dim your lights in your dining room and living area
- Add candles - no need for scented - your dinner is already creating a banquet of aromas. I would suggest using the battery candles as they are not a fire hazzard
- Guest towels in the bathroom
- Clear off clutter from coffee tables and end tables so your guests will have a place to put their drinks
- Time your dishes so they are all ready at the same time. I often write out a chart of what I am serving, and what time I need to put it in the oven so it will be ready at the same time as the other dishes.
- Involve your friends and family in meal prep. They will feel like contributers and will enjoy the comaraderie.
- Clearly have the "garbage" labeled for recycling and non-recycling
- Enjoy your people!!