- 8 medium potatoes
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ tablespoon Dijon-style mustart
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1. Peel and cook the potatoes until tender but still firm.
2. Chop bacon and fry in a medium-size skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
3.Add the onion to the hot bacon fat and saute until limp. Remove from heat and whisk in the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain potatoes, let cool slightly, and slice. Place in a large bowl and pour the bacon fat dressing over the top. Add parsley and tarragon and gently toss to combine. Fold in the bacon. Serves 8